Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's the little things.

I've never personally been big on birthdays--I enjoy my birthday, but I'm not one to make a big deal of it or expect to be showered with gifts. But because I have amazing friends, they always do lovely things for me, and I'm feeling so loved that I wanted to share.

Some of my friends got together in Iowa City on the Pentacrest and took this photo for me. I honestly almost cried with joy when I saw it. I miss my friends so, so much! So, huge virtual hugs and thank you's to Dani, Colby, Kelsey, Avery, and Dani for making my day.






Also, Abby dedicated a blog post to me! And I had a wonderful Skype chat with my aunt and uncle and cousins in Florida, who sand me happy birthday--twice!

I didn't do anything else exciting today, but it was still a good day. I worked 9-2, then did some essay writing. I also treated myself to a white chocolate mint milkshake and spend some of my study time outside enjoying the spring weather. Rumor has it we're going to have a gorgeous May, and a rainy summer, so I'm trying to enjoy the sun while it lasts! Josh's birthday is at the end of the month, so we have a combined birthday date planned for the 22nd, the day I'll turn in my essays. I believe the plan is to try a new Chinese restaurant and see the new Star Trek movie! Perfection.

Happy birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment