Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The latest news

My last real "update-on-life" post was waaaay back in September after I finished my dissertation. Sorry about that! I know most (if not all) of you keep up with me outside the blog as well, but I still feel I owe a proper post about what's been going on in my life.

Back at the end of August, we took a trip to Aberglasney Gardens, a beautiful mansion house and gardens with pools and fountains and woodlands and all sorts of flowers. We had a lovely day out, it ended up being the last properly warm, summery (well, as summery as Wales can get) weekends that we had, and at the end of the trip I proposed to Josh. This was something I'd been planning for a while but waiting for the right time. I'd never managed to actually surprise him with anything up until that point, and I was so pleased that I pulled it off, because he was speechless, which anyone who's ever met him knows is a huge deal!
I got down on one knee and presented Josh with this little box to pop the question. He loved it (hence the excited grin).

So, after a flurry of planning and arranging things, we were married at the Carmarthen Register Office on December 14th, 2013. Our witnesses were my now sister-in-law Lucy, who gets all the credit for the photography, and our friend Karen. We also invited our friends Amber, Greg, Wodge, and Owen. Although our wedding would have been special no matter what, it was wonderful to be able to share it with people who know and care about us.


I don't want this post to be too photo-heavy, but I'm adding one more to show off my dress, which I made, and my book-page-paper-flower bouquet, which was a lovely addition and a sweet surprise from Abby and Katie, so that they could be with me in spirit on the day.



This past weekend I also took a whirlwind trip to London, my first trip there since I've been in the UK! Emily was in London for two weeks on a trip with her college, so we arranged to meet up for the day. We had a fantastic day just wandering around London, drinking coffee, and talking our heads off. I am so, so glad we were able to meet up. 






So, aside from being married now, everything else continues as usual. My job hunt continues, work at the cafe continues in the meantime, and I'll be attending my official graduation ceremony on January 24th, 2014. We are also waiting for me to officially receive my spouse visa and once I do, I'll be able to stay over here for two more years with no work restrictions! All in all, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment