Sunday, April 12, 2015

PoMoSco Part 2!


Following on from last week's post, here are my favorite poems I've completed for PoMoSco this week!

  • To Every Woman-- let me just stroke my own ego a bit on this one and say how much I love the phrase "a quilt of turmoil and design". Also, the source text for this was something I found by mistake when doing some quilting research, and I fell in love with it!
  • Blackberry Crumbs--after spending about two hours working on this one with my source haikus, I found myself thinking in haiku!
  • Carefully at War-- I used this prompt (taking a walk and using text off signs for a poem) as an excuse to finally wander up to the dilapidated ruins of Hen Eglwys, which I've wanted to see for a while, and also explored the woodlands.
I'm really enjoying participating in the project, not only because of how much more time I've spent committed to writing than I normally would and how many great ideas for future pieces have come out of it, but also of course for the vast amount of poetry I've had the chance to read and other writers I've gotten to interact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment