Monday, April 20, 2015

PoMoSco Part 3!

My favorite poems I've posted from the third week of PoMoSco. I got a bit behind in posting and completing but managed to catch up over the weekend!

  • Jude Corrupted--a remix of a passage from the Bible.
  • Double Jeopardy-- For this prompt we had to watch/listen to a video/podcast/etc. that was at least an hour long, writing down everything we heard that we could, and craft our poem from that. I love Nikki Giovanni and she'd done some great speeches so I chose one I'd never heard before, the 2014 Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Lecture at The College at Brockport. I didn't know what to expect but definitely did not expect the resulting poem to be so painfully relevant to present-day events.
  • Coming Home-- "I am marigold on the outside, morning-glory violet on the inside."

No comments:

Post a Comment